Animal Medical Center launches virtual ‘Health Library’ for pet owners
The New York-based Animal Medical Center is launching an online resource for pet owners to understand their animal’s health.
The Pet Health Library from AMC’s Usdan Institute for Animal Health Education provides information on commonly searched and frequently diagnosed illnesses and conditions, as well as wellness and prevention tips. AMC says all content is verified and will be updated weekly.
“Through our ongoing educational and outreach efforts, we know that pet owners are looking for reliable and accurate pet health information online,” said Michelle Leifer, the institute’s director.
Each topic includes:
- A background of the disease or illness
- An overview of risk factors
- Clinical signs and symptoms
- Diagnostic measurements and procedures
- Treatment options and prevention information
- Illustrations, including photos and videos